NUTRITION & PRODUCTS
Healthy nutrition forms the basis for a strong and smart population
The food one eats must be safe, nutritious, and tasteful. That is exactly what the products of Minimex are. Produced with care from the best maize, and meeting the standards declared mandatory by the Rwandan Government.
The Rwanda law on Nutrition
In the gazette of 5/8/2013 the Cabinet declared MANDATORY STANDARDS for numerous food products. For maize flour, there are two products that meet the standards of the government:
- Milled Maize Products (standard RS EAS 44)
- Fortified Milled Maize Products (standard RS EAS 768)
- Minimex Products
Products of Minimex are made with a passion for quality and aimed at providing healthy nutrition at an affordable price. They are certified by the Rwanda Standards Board (RSB).
Minimex currently has two main maize flour products: the sifted maize meal and the fortified maize flour, rich in vitamins and minerals.
Sifted Maize Meal Fortified Maize Flour Standard RS EAS 44 RS EAS 768 For whom The population at large, demanding a safe and nutritious product. The population at large, demanding a safe, nutritious product with micronutrient supplements. Packaging 50kg, 25kg, 10kg, and 5kg 50kg, 25kg, 10kg, 5kg, 4kg and 2kg Micronutrients
Retinol (Vitamin A)
Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
Micronutrient added to maize flour, mg/kg:
Limits: 90 - 110% limits are applicable for all micronutrients except for vitamins A and B12 (90% - 115%).
Maize Bran For whom Animal feed at large demands a safe and nutritious product. Bag Sizes 60kg
Benefits of Fortified Flour through micronutrients
According to the Rwanda Demographics and Health Survey 2010 there a significant part of the youth still suffers from malnourishment 47% of children < 5 years of age shows signs of retarded growth and 38% is anemic. A weak immune system leads to diarrhea, fever and respiratory diseases. You can help stop that by offering your children FORTIFIED MAIZE MEAL. This is the normal maize meal supplemented with vitamins (A and B) and minerals (iron, Zinc), according to the Rwanda and East African standard.
The fortified maize meal product (standard RS EAS 768) is aimed at the general population, not only at the malnourished part of the population.
Welcome to Minimex Interactive Healthy Nutrition Platform Rwanda. We are a knowledge base that strives to improve the wellbeing of the population of Rwanda through healthy nutrition and invite you to collaborate and interact with us in improving the current situation.
- Clinton Health Access Initiative
- UR-College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- Ministry of Health Rwanda
- Project Healthy Children
- Rwanda Standards Board
- World Food Program
Rwanda Vision and Plans;
- Vision 2020 and Revised 2020 targets
- Rwanda Demographic and Health Survey 2010
- DHS 2014-2015, Cost of hunger and USAID Rwanda nutrition profile
- Dietary Reference Intakes
- Maternal, infant and young child nutrition
- Effects of health and nutrition on cognitive and behavioural development in children in the first three years of life
- Guiding principles for complementary feeding of the breastfed child
- Malnutrition: the leading cause of immune deficiency diseases worldwide
What clients say about Minimex
There are many clients of Minimex, as it is the largest maize mill in Rwanda. You can find Minimex maize flour in many shops in the country. Also, government agencies and international relief organizations buy Minimex flour. This is what they tell us:
- Minimex offers high quality products: safe and fine
- Minimex delivers what they promise
- We buy Minimex products because they are certified by RSB
Questions and ordering